Children absorb everything, good or bad.
As humans, we spend the first few years of our life in sponge-mode, soaking everything in, before we begin to express our own personality. For better or worse, we’re literally programmed according to what we learn and experience early in life. This is why it’s of crucial importance to instill love and empowerment within children.
This is where children’s books come into play. Children’s books can act as imprints of love, positivity and empowerment that children take with them for the rest of their lives.
So in the spirit of instilling love and empowerment, here’s a list of some of the most inspiring children’s books. Even if you don’t have young children, you too can benefit from a little lighthearted inspiration.
21 Inspiring Children’s Books
1. Oh The Places You’ll Go By Dr. Seuss
2. The Buddha at Bedtime: Tales of Love and Wisdom for You to Read with Your Child to Enchant, Enlighten and Inspire by Dharmachari Nagaraja
3. Apples to Oregon: Being the (Slightly) True Narrative of How a Brave Pioneer Father Brought Apples, Peaches, Pears, Plums, Grapes, and Cherries (and Children) Across the Plains by Deborah Hopkinson
4. Walk On!: A Guide for Babies of All Ages by Marla Frazee
5. Amazing Grace by Mary Hoffman
6. Stuck by Oliver Jeffers
7. Incredible You! 10 Ways To Let Your Greatness Shine Through by Wayne Dyer
8. Little One Step by Simon James
9. The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss
10. Can I Play Too? by Mo Willems
11. Ruby’s Wish by Shirin Yim Bridges
12. The Curious Garden by Peter Brown
13. Matthew’s Dream by Leo Lionni
14. Whistle for Willie by Ezra Jack Keats
15. An Awesome Book! by Dallas Clayton
16. Beautiful Oops! by Barnie Saltzberg
17. Cookies: Bite-Size Life Lessons by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
18. Fancy Nancy Poet Extraordinaire by Jane O’Connor
19. I Believe in Me: A Book of Affirmations by Connie Bowen
20. I Think, I Am! by Louise L. Hay
21. Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are by Dr. Seuss