Life isn’t always sunshine and rainbows…
We’re humans. We’re imperfect. And we grow through challenges.
While it’s important to acknowledge everything that comes up, you don’t have to unnecessarily wallow in it!
We all experience negative emotions, ranging from complete terror to sadness to just plain stagnation.
No matter what you’re going through, there are ways to change your energy. Of course, you must be aware in order to change it. Denial only makes the “problem” worse.
So first, be honest with yourself. How are you really feeling? Feel it deeply and become fully aware. From there, you now have the power to choose to shift it.
I get stuck in some kind of rut at least once per week. And when I do, I don’t deny it. I acknowledge it, notice where its stemming from and then transmute it.
And I’m able to transmute most things pretty easily because I have so many tools in my toolkit. Here are some of those tools…
33 Ways To Instantly Change Your Energy
- Deep breathing (into your belly)
- Alternate nostril breathing
- Shaking and vibrating your body
- Look up at the sky for 5 minutes
- Elliott Hulse’s Bio-energizer warmup
- Practice gratitude (3 things you’re grateful for)
- Chant (I like chanting “Om”)
- Put your bare feet in nature
- Walk outside
- Engage in some kind of art (writing, drawing, painting…etc.)
- Talk to someone who listens with compassion
- Rebounding on a mini trampoline
- A quick yoga session
- Take a cold shower
- Take an ice bath
- Visualization (visualizing your goals and sense of purpose)
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)
- Put your body in power positions (ex/ Smiling with your hands held high above your head)
- Stand on one leg for a couple minutes, then switch legs
- Lay on the floor
- Do something spontaneous
- Pretend like you’re a kid again
- Put on your favorite song
- Speak in gibberish (make up your own language)
Add these to your toolkit. And apply at least one of them whenever you’re feeling “off.”
With a bit of self-awareness, an idea of balance and the application of some of these techniques, you have the power to shift your energy.
I wish you well.
– Stevie P!
PS – For another great resource on shifting your energy, check out this article: An Active Meditation For People Who Don’t Meditate