THE MISSION OF FEELIN’ GOOD, FEELIN’ GREAT IN 4 KEY WORDS
Cultivating faith in one’s self and genuine confidence
Sparking the inner greatness within
Spreading love and happiness
Helping you reclaim your childlike nature. Bring fulfillment back into life through laughter, play and lightheartedness
Feelin’ Good, Feelin’ Great also aims to help you apply spirituality to daily life by bridging the gap between the tangible/physical and intangible/non-physical worlds.
THE BEING BEHIND THE NAME
Hi, my name is Stephen Parato. But you can call me Stevie P, if that floats your boat. I think you’ll find out way more about me through my posts here than from writing a boring, drawn-out autobiography here.
But here’s a lil somethin’ somethin’ anyway.
I began my quest for self-improvement, knowledge, wisdom, and all that good stuff around the age of 18 (circa 2007). After I finished my Freshman year of college at SUNY Plattsburgh, I had a realization of sorts. My life was completely focused on partying and gaining acceptance from my peers. I was purposeless, floundering, and lacked that passion for life. I also had the assertiveness of a vegetable, social anxiety, constant nervousness, and a lingering shyness for my entire life.
What did I do about it?
I laid the foundation for the ongoing development of my mind, body, and spirit. I started reading voraciously and established a workout routine. Books based on practical spirituality, positivity, and self-improvement resonated well with me. I eagerly applied this knowledge, and started noticing positive changes in my state of mind and the aura I projected. Resistance training (weight lifting) became a meditative practice for me, and it provided other benefits like stress relief (you can’t have any frustration left over after throwing heavy weights around) and improved body image. I’ve continued down this path ever since, constantly improving myself, spreading positivity, and helping others do the same. I believe that the constant improvement of the mind, body, and soul is the foundation for a great, happy life.
So why should you even listen to (or read) what I have to say?
This is my passion. My purpose.
Feeling awesome, and helping others to do the same, is what I love to do.
I don’t have a piece of paper to prove my expertise. My content on here should speak for itself.
For more insight into this, check out my article Reveal Your Life’s Purpose by Asking These 15 Questions.
Expertise through experience.
I went from…
- 195 pounds of fat, to 185 pounds of solid muscle (see below)
- Being too nervous to even talk to girls, to confident in all situations.
- Giving up whenever I really had to push myself, to stepping up to every challenge.
- Being unable to ever assert myself, to asserting myself with a smile.
- Being so shy I didn’t even speak at the lunch table in 9th grade, to outgoing and friendly.
- Complaining constantly, to living without limitations.
- Lacking vitality, to vibrant health.
- Having to drink to comfortably socialize, to drinking all the time and always comfortably socializing. (JOKING)
… You get the idea. I’m ridiculously passionate about self-improvement and feeling awesome, and my goal is to guide you there as well.
- Reiki Master Practitioner (Read about my experience with Reiki here)
- Certified TEFL English Teacher
- Contributing writer to a multitude of popular websites including The Mind Unleashed, Waking Times, Collective Evolution, Elephant Journal and Reiki Rays.
For some more fun facts, check out 25 Things You Didn’t Know About Stevie P.
And what’s an About Me page without a before and after picture?